Thursday, July 22, 2010

What it’s all about…

This is a blog about my kids, Sam and Jill – aka Sparky and the Bean.

The Bean is your typical girl. She loves to talk on the phone, read trendy mags and hang out with her friends. She gets up early to make sure her hair is just so and her clothes look a-okay. She has a million friends and her circle ever expands. I don’t believe she has ever met a stranger. Sounds like your typical 17-year-old, right? Yeah, me too. However, my daughter is 7.

And then there’s Sparky, the absolute polar opposite of his sister. He prefers video games and reading novellas to hanging with kids his own age. He could care less what he wears to school, as long as it’s the appropriate color of the month. Highly intelligent and a little moody, Sparky is the yang to the Bean’s yin.

And now the kicker. This is a blog about raising an Aspie, highly anti-social and meticulous, and a social butterfly, engaging and spontaneous. Finding the balance and loving them both (and I do more everyday) is a challenge and a blessing.

Welcome to my blog.

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!!!

    Thanks for starting a blog! I love hearing about your wonderful kids, their wit and wisdom.

    Miss you!
    ~Beth

    ReplyDelete